April 22nd marks ‘Earth Day’ when “from across the globe, individuals, communities, organisations, and governments acknowledge the amazing planet we call home and take action to protect it”. For many businesses one of the actions that can be taken is cutting back or eliminating their use of paper within the office. As CIPHR HR Systems evolves we strive to introduce functionality that allows traditionally paper based processes to be carried out electronically, reducing the use of paper within the office and, at the same time, often reducing the time and manpower required to complete certain actions.
Traditionally paper based processes:
- Annual appraisals
- Pay reviews
- Policy documents
- Annual leave requests
- Absence recording
- Change of personal details
- Overtime recording and time sheets
The above processes can, in fact, all be completed electronically through CIPHR HR Software and ExpenseOnDemand. Therefore eliminating the need for paper, and saving printer ink and time. As well as the reduction in paper, having this data available electronically, and therefore available to everyone involved in the process improves efficiency and visibility.
The ‘paper trail’ can be further reduced through the use of mobile devices and certain apps, such as;
At CIPHR, delivering solutions to meet your current and future needs is a top priority. Our CIPHR Mobile App is the latest in a line of product innovations to help you to keep your HR team connected while on the move.
Key functionality includes:
- Access to employee information
- Employee detail searches
- Employee contact at the touch of a button
- Visibility of the Who’s Off chart
- Ability for managers, or HR team, to approve/reject absence requests instantly
Quickly capture what’s on your mind and recall it easily wherever you are. Create a checklist, enter a voice note or snap a photo and annotate it. Everything you add is instantly available on all your devices – desktop and mobile.
With Google Keep you can:
• Keep track of your thoughts via notes, lists and photos
• Have voice notes transcribed automatically
• Use home screen widgets to capture thoughts quickly
• Color-code your notes to help find them later
• Swipe to archive things you no longer need
• Turn a note into a checklist by adding check boxes
• Use your notes from anywhere – they are safely stored in the cloud and available on the web at http://drive.google.com/keep
- With Google Drive, you can store all your files in one place, so you can access them from anywhere and share them with others
- Use the Google Drive Android app to access your photos, documents, videos and other files stored on your Google Drive
- Upload files to Google Drive directly from your Android device
- Share any file with your contacts
- Access files others have shared with you on Google Drive
- Make any file available offline so you can access them even when you don’t have an Internet connection
- Manage files on the go
- Create and edit Google documents with support for tables, comments and rich text formatting
- Create and edit Google spreadsheets with support for text formatting, multiple sheets and sorting
- Edits to your Google documents and spreadsheets appear to collaborators in seconds
- View Google presentations with full animations and speaker notes
- View your PDFs, Office documents and more
- Upload and convert files to the Google Docs format
- Take a photo of printed text and convert it to Google Docs format
- Print files stored in Google Drive on the go using Google Cloud Print
- Open files stored in Google Drive through Drive enabled apps in the browser
- Optimized experience to take advantage of larger screens for tablet users, Honeycomb
Read any business card within a second by taking a photo of it. Use Augment Reality tech to better demo yourself, products and company. Add text, graphic, video and links to your card. Sync all the cards to your CamCard cloud account. Access, edit and manage cards across all your devices.
EchoSign’s complete, automated electronic signature and web contracting solution features the easiest signing experience in the industry. Instantly send, e-sign, track, and file documents securely online, so you can change the game and work more competitively with your customers and partners.
Dictaphone is a very simple, high quality, voice recording application. All recordings are automatically saved to external storage in directory for current date and each recording is also time stamped which helps to keep order. Besides of recording, Dictaphone allows to view all recordings and play them using system media player.
Other suggestions for a move towards a paperless office can be found in the infographic below;