10 Android Apps For HR Professionals
Subscribe to our blog updates
It has been reported recently that the vast majority of professionals are never out of earshot of their mobile device. With this in mind, and the growing number of people with Android devices, here are 10 of the best apps for Human Resources pro’s.
Swype is the original swipe style keyboard that started it all! With Swype, you can enter text quickly and accurately, backup and synchronize your personal dictionary across all of your Android devices, and use keyboard layouts optimized for smartphones and tablets – all with a single download!
“Swype’s years of experience still make for the most accurate gesture keyboard available. Take a week or two to get used to it, and suddenly regular typing will seem impossibly sluggish.” – TIME Magazine Online, Tech Section July 1, 2013
Easy Voice Recorder is a fun, simple and easy to use audio & voice recorder. Use it to reliably record your meetings, personal notes, classes, and more, with no time limits!
Please note that Easy Voice Recorder cannot record phone calls on most phones, and may not be compatible with all devices.
Google Drive is a great resource for collaborating with colleague and clients alike. Create documents, upload files and store images. Share any file with a colleague or client, enable them to edit and update the file.
- Use the Google Drive Android app to access your photos, documents, videos and other files stored on your Google Drive
- Upload files to Google Drive directly from your Android device
- Share any file with your contacts
- Access files others have shared with you on Google Drive
- Make any file available offline so you can view them even when you don’t have an Internet connection
- Manage files on the go
The plugin enables printing to many HP inkjet and LaserJet printers. Easily print photos, webpages and documents when your mobile device is connected to a compatible HP printer through a wireless network or a direct wireless connection to the printer. Control print settings including color, number of copies, paper orientation and paper type.
With Cisco WebEx, you can join any web conference right from your Android tablet or smartphone.
Cisco WebEx for Android works with Cisco WebEx Meeting Center, Cisco WebEx Training Center and Cisco WebEx Meetings to deliver mobile web conferencing, audio, and high quality video. Meet anywhere, with anyone, and get more done. Join, Start or Schedule Cisco WebEx Meetings from your Android device.
This latest release enhances the user experience for smartphones as well as introduces new capabilities.. The User Interface has been modified to accommodate smaller screen sizes and improves user controls while in a meeting.
• Keep track of your thoughts via notes, lists and photos
• Have voice notes transcribed automatically
• Use homescreen widgets to capture thoughts quickly
• Colour-code your notes to help find them later
• Swipe to archive things you no longer need
• Turn a note into a checklist by adding checkboxes
* Law Dictionary: 8,500+ definitions
* Search, browse, bookmark entries
* Law Guide & FAQs: 200+ articles
* Legal Advice Forums for quick answers
* No ads – really, no ads!
* Lawyer Directory – mobile optimized format
* Free case review links
* Find law jobs, upload your resume
* Search NY Code of Law – over 30 sections
* Quick application launch
Expense On Demand is a hosted software solution for managing and tracking employee expenses and time sheets. Using a web browser, employees complete electronic forms that then follow an automated process for online approval and payment. Receipts can be photographed from a mobile device and attached to individual expense items.
Business Calendar is a complete calendar application that is synchronizing with your Google calendars!
- zoomable multi-day view (1-14 days)
- graphical and textual presentation
- color-coded year view
- drag&drop functionality
- configurable widgets in different sizes for month, week, agenda and day view
- just move your finger over some days of interest in month view to open them in the multi-day view
- multi-selection mode to delete, move or copy multiple events at the same time
OfficeSuite is a universal document viewer for Android enabling you to open, view, print and share native DOC, DOCX, DOCM, RTF, TXT, LOG, XLS, XLSX, XLSM, CSV, PPT, PPTX, PPS, PPSX, PPTM, PPSM, EML, PDF and ZIP files and attachments