What Not To Say (Or Do) At Your Office Christmas Party
Office Christmas parties are, and always will be, both a fun and dangerous event! Knowing what to say and do, and more importantly, what NOT to say or do can be the difference between a happy New Year and a VERY awkward January in the office!
What NOT to say or do:
- Get so drunk that you end up asleep in the middle of the dance floor with your colleagues congo’ing around you.
- Corner the boss for hours talking nonsensically about how you would run the company.
- Sit in the corner waiting for people to come to you, it won’t happen.
- Assume that everything you say or do is off the record, it’s not (which will become evident when you’re next in the office!).
- Assume when you’ve had a few drinks, that everyone around you is a leaning post. Feeling wobbly? Sit in a chair!
- Take advantage of a free bar, to the extent that you could open your own brewery.
- Assume you can break dance, you can’t.
- The above is also true of pretending to be a robot!
- Get all emotional and start crying, it’s not the time or place.
- Blow your wages trying to look cool and buying the entire company a round.
- Turn up in fancy dress thinking it will be funny, it will be for everyone else, but for the wrong reasons!
- Spread gossip.
- Start a food fight.
- Bring an uninvited guest.
- Harass the DJ every five minutes, he is the professional, you’re not.