- This event has passed.
CIPHR HR Admin Getting Started – Mar 25 2019
25th March 2019
This is the first of a two day CIPHR HR Administration training course and is recommended for new users of the CIPHR system.
The aim of this course is to enable delegates to get started with CIPHR by becoming familiar with the common icons on the toolbar, inserting a new employee, editing and saving data, generating a mail merge, entering a leaver and creating a secondary record for an employee.
Delegates may attend the second CIPHR HR Administration day immediately following this one or they may attend later.
Attendance on this training event equates to 5.5 CPD hours.
No prior knowledge of CIPHR HR Administration is required.
Delegates should complete the course able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge in the use of CIPHR’s toolbar icons and keyboard shortcuts
- Identify and confidently manoeuvre between the various areas of the product
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of inserting and saving data
- Display an ability to launch CIPHR HR Administration’s standard reports
- Demonstrate an ability to produce a mail merged document
- Define how to use the CIPHR leaver and re-employ wizards
- Display an ability to create and identify a secondary and primary record
Using practical examples, the CIPHR HR Administration course will cover:
- The use of the CIPHR toolbar and the corresponding keyboard shortcuts
- Manoeuvring between the different areas in CIPHR to understand the groupings and functions of each data entry area
- The creation of new data and modification of existing data
- Inputting a new employee with such information as personal data and job and pay using both the CIPHR HR Administration and the Employee Self-Service areas
- Using the Absence area of CIPHR with emphasis on the various ways in which the data may be examined
- Inserting a new post into CIPHR and linking a job description and job requirements to that post, with a view to adding an existing employee into the role. The use of organisation chart software to display the hierarchical structure of the various posts
- The use of the mail merge functionality in CIPHR and how documents may be generated from different areas of the product and how the paths to those mails merge, and other, documents may be stored against employee’s records
- The leaver wizard and its effect on areas within the product and how the re-employ wizard may be used to re-employ or reinstate leavers
- The creation of secondary records and how they are displayed and managed in CIPHR
Please note that the training will be conducted on the latest version of the product. If any differences exist between this and previous versions, these will be highlighted by the trainer.
This outline represents the topics which are usually covered on this event. The actual course work may be adjusted to suit the individual needs of the delegates.
Submit booking request