Ciphr retains G-Cloud status for 2017
Subscribe to our blog updates
We’re pleased to announce that for another year we have retained our G-Cloud listing!
The G-Cloud is the CCS (Crown Commercial Services) framework providing public sector bodies the opportunity to procure ICT services and find technology for digital projects more efficiently than traditional procurement methods.
There are currently over 26,000 services listed on the framework.
Ciphr public sector customers include:
The latest version of G-Cloud will launch on May 22 with a new ‘three lot’ structure designed to help more clearly define the services being offered. With the launch of G-Cloud 9, the CCS has announced it will be using the following 3 classifications for suppliers:
- Cloud Hosting
- Cloud Software
- Cloud Support
Some interesting G-Cloud sales stats (as of 10th Jan 2017) include:
- £1,696,137,364 – current total (ex VAT) of reported G-Cloud sales, November 2016
- 56% of total sales by value and 64% by volume, from all reported G-Cloud sales to date, have been awarded to SMEs
- 77% of total sales by value were through Central Government; 23% through the wider public sector
G-Cloud services are listed together with their full details and price, meaning you don’t have to wait until the very end of the process to get an approximation of cost.
If you’re responsible for procurement or have buying responsibilities then we advise you to consider using G-Cloud first and recommend it to all public bodies that are carrying out ICT procurement’s.
The benefits of G-Cloud
Using the G-Cloud framework benefits your organisation in a number of ways:
- Faster and cheaper to use
- You can talk directly with suppliers
- Suppliers have an excellent understanding of your business requirements
- It’s re-tendered regularly, so only includes the very latest services and suppliers
- Suppliers on G-Cloud often offer fixed rates and offer discounts above and beyond others in the market
- To become a G-Cloud approved supplier, companies have to have proved their expertise in their industry
Taking advantage of the G-Cloud enables you to speak directly with us and start a project in just a few days, saving time and resource otherwise spent on procurement processes and searching for suppliers.