An organisation’s compliance with the GDPR is a shared responsibility among all departments. Each team (and individual) must ensure that personal data is handled in the correct way; for example, anyone can accidentally send a set of personal data to the wrong email recipient – and this would be considered to be a GDPR breach. HR professionals must ensure that employees’ personal data is collected, stored and processed in line with the GDPR’s requirements at every stage of the employee lifecycle, from hiring and onboarding through to exit and offboarding. But departments, including HR teams, also have wider responsibilities to ensure they are processing customer and employee data in a way that complies with the GDPR’s requirements. HR teams often support IT and information security teams by helping to create a data security-aware culture; this could be, for example, by ensuring that staff complete an annual information security eLearning training course.
WHY CHOOSE CIPHR’S GDPR COMPLIANT HR SOFTWARE
All the right reasons
There’s no room for error with GDPR compliant HR software. Ours is ISO 27001:2013 and Cyber Essential Plus accredited while our employees receive regular GDPR and infosec training.
"Ciphr really is first to market with a lot of its developments; I was a big fan of the GDPR data deletion and monitoring function, for example."
PEACE OF MIND WITH CIPHR
Ongoing compliance built-in
A growing business can be a growing GDPR concern. Protecting personal data is paramount and our specialist GDPR compliant HR software helps you run a tight ship.
- Download data, request extensions, anonymise records and delete information from your dashboard
- Anonymise leavers’ records rather than delete them
- Restrict access to sensitive information
- Re-validate consent when needed with automatic reminders
- Define data-retention periods for 30, 60, 90 days or longer
- Policy distribution and acceptance functionality so everything is read and understood
- Self-service access for employees, so they can view and update personal information
- Grant people access to their data so you can fulfill subject access requests (SARs)
ENSURE GDPR COMPLIANCE IN ONBOARDING
Data security before day one
Tighten up security during the onboarding phase with our GDPR compliant HR software. Introduce solid data security practices to new starters and reduce any potential risk.
- Invite new hires to share personal information (such as bank details) through the secure onboarding portal, which transmits data directly into your chosen, integrated HR system
- Ask new hires to complete eLearning courses – such as GDPR eLearning courses – before their first day
- Share your GDPR, privacy, and information security policies ahead of time
- Tailor the data-collection process so you are following the principle of ‘data minimisation’
BAKE GDPR COMPLIANCE INTO YOUR HIRING PROCES
Fast and smart HR hiring software
Most job applications are made online and that means a lot of data handling. Our GDPR compliant recruitment software gives you peace of mind with secure data capture and storage.
- Data-retention dashboard help you flag records for expiration, anonymisation or deletion
- Invite hiring managers to review applications within the recruitment software
- Hide personal information to support blind recruitment processes
- Automatically and securely share data to other people management systems
"Before we introduced Ciphr, every year we sent each employee a copy of their personal data and asked them to check and confirm it. Now they can update information in Ciphr whenever something changes, which is really important for GDPR compliance."
PAYROLL GDPR COMPLIANCE
Payroll compliance assured
Share data between your HR system and chosen payroll software safely. Our ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 certifications give you peace of mind with GDPR compliance taken care of.
- Fully integrated HR and payroll software for a seamless and secure transfer of data
- Ciphr outsourced payroll and payroll bureau for a secure and tailored service
- Payroll integration between our HR system and your chosen third-party
LEARNING SOLUTIONS THAT BOOST COMPLIANCE
Safe and sound solutions
Store learners’ records, boost compliance and engage your people with GDPR related eLearning content. Our solutions are here to help.
- Our learning management system securely stores learners’ records
- Integrated HR and LMS software enables seamless access between the two systems
- Increase learning uptake and securely transfer data between platforms
- Our subsidiary, Marshall E-Learning, offers a range of information security awareness and GDPR compliance off-the-shelf eLearning courses
- Annual information security training helps to create a GDPR-aware culture
- Reduce the risk of accidental data breaches
Easy and secure offboarding
Make for a smooth exit with a streamlined and standardised offboarding process. From exit interviews to revoking access, our GDPR compliant HR software minimises issues.
- Flag leaver records, and set dates for when data needs to be anonymised or deleted
- Use the GDPR compliance dashboard to see when consent for records expire
- Provide limited access to employee records, including payslips, P60s and P11Ds
- Automatically notify departments and managers of actions they need to take, and when they need to take them – such as processing final payslips, and removing access to IT systems and buildings
HR software solutions
Put your people front and centre
Integrated HR, payroll, learning and recruitment solutions that amplify the voice and value of your talent.