0:00 – Welcome and introduction
2:49 – The challenge facing employers and employees – and the cost of ignoring it
14:55 – Jo’s story
17:44 – Getting your terminology right: what exactly is ‘the menopause’?
21:05 – Physical and psychological symptoms of menopause
26:59 – Five steps to creating a menopause-friendly workplace
38:29 – An overview of relevant eLearning courses from Marshalls
50:30 – Q&A
About this webinar
The menopause is a period of great transition for many women. With the right support, this can be a positive one; but, if support is missing from a workplace, then it can be a challenging and negative time of their lives. In fact, CIPD research has found that nearly two-thirds of working women aged 45-55 who are experiencing the menopause say that it had a negative impact on them at work.
Join Ciphr and Marshall E-Learning for an insightful webinar hosted by Jo Fuller, founder of the Merry Menopause, as we discuss how to create a menopause-friendly workplace that helps women reach their full potential through appropriate adjustments, education, and the creation of a trusting, open culture.
- The challenge facing employers and employees – and the cost of ignoring it
- Jo’s story – how perimenopause and menopause affected her, and why she helps women and employers support people through this transition
- Getting your terminology right: what exactly is ‘the menopause’?
- Physical and psychological symptoms of menopause
- Five steps to creating a menopause-friendly workplace
- An overview of relevant eLearning courses from Marshalls, including content on menopause, age and ageism, unconscious bias, mental health, and how to be an inclusive manager
- Jo Fuller, founder of the Merry Menopause – coaching and support for women and workplaces
- Ann Allcock, head of diversity, Marshall E-Learning
- Cathryn Newbery, head of content, Ciphr (moderator)