HR & IT working in harmony
Active Directory provides the complete solution for managing user accounts. CIPHR Connect is a visual scripting tool that enables you to perform complex user resource management tasks, without having to write a single line of code, keeping your employee details up to date and accurate in your Active Directory.
Automatic HR System Updates
A key component of CIPHR Connect is that it links directly to the key employee data in your HR system. This greatly improves the integrity of your employee data and removes the need to constantly contact IT to update this information.
Configure Setup Options
The CIPHR Connect installation provides the following integration functionality:
- Scheduled update of your Active Directory at an interval to suit your operational requirements
- All employee records in the CIPHR system will be integrated to Active Directory (configurable)
- Enabling and disabling of User Accounts based on starting dates, leaving dates or another specific date in the system
- You may want to use certain attributes from the Active Directory to update the CIPHR system, e.g. email address, work telephone number, etc.
Email notification on account creation and integration of Active Directory attributes with their CIPHR counterparts:
- Display Name
- User Login Name
- Employee’s Manager
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- Office Location
- We will also configure the creation and allocation of home directories for employees
- We will configure group membership integration, e.g. Group membership is determined by the employee’s department, location, job, etc.
- You may, for example, want your new employee accounts to be created in different Organisational Units depending on their location
- You may have employees in a particular department or role for whom you will never create an Active Directory account
- You may want a more detailed email notification of created/updated user accounts
- You may want to automate updates to other systems when a user’s account is created or disabled
The roll-out of CIPHR Connect can be phased by selecting to work with smaller groups of employees at a time.
Note: A phased roll-out may involve more consultancy time, at additional cost.
To set this up, we will provide 2 days of on-site consultancy that can be used to synchronise the employee data in Active Directory with your CIPHR employee data (note: this does not include the creation of employee records in CIPHR).
Key Product Features
- Consistency according to Company policy
- Automatic update of HR system records
- Detailed logging of all actions
Key Product Benefits
- Huge time-savings
- Improved data accuracy and integrity
- Rapid implementation
- Simple to use
- No need to wait for IT
Key IT Benefits
- Reduces the administrative burden on IT
- Reduces the number of calls made to IT
- Reduces the need to create complex Active Directory scripts